Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thrift store shopping

I found some treasure!

It was a rainy day here in the Midwest, so no Wednesday Swim-day. Instead Bean and I went pickin'. We have these stores called Goodwill, and they are donation drop-off centers. Reduce,Reuse, Recycle is their motto. Their mission is to provide "supportive services to people with disabilities or disadvantages who seek greater independence." We call shopping there pickin ' because you have to pick through a lot of trash to find your treasure... and some days there just isn't any treasure to be found...but today was a good day.

I love tote bags. I'm not much of a purse girl, but I
can never have too many tote bags! Above is a treasure I found at Goodwill... among other things... a mini tote from The Gap. It's a little on the small side, but I couldn't resist the shape. It is lined with Lime green... one of my favorite colors... and has pockets all the way around the inside. The fabric was unusual, almost like a heavy parachute, besides, black goes with everything, so how could I go wrong! The price was definitely right - $5.

What will you put in it you ask??

Yarn, of course!

This is my Granny-on-the-Go bag.
It has every color I need to finish the Granny 2.0 no matter where I'm at. I tell you, it's tough to be organized!

*******

Lately, I've been reading the blog Crochet with Raymond... I'm a blog stalker, I'll admit it! I find a writer that I like, and then I go back to their beginning to read their blog from start to finish. At this particular blog, Alice is the writer/crocheter and Raymond is her adorable kitty companion. Not only does Alice create some of the most beautiful hooky goodness, but she is also a yoga practitioner, Reiki Master, and a student. The student thing I can relate to, but spiritual stuff, not-so-much. However, while I was pickin', I found these interesting little cards. Did she send them to me all the way from New Zealand? Maybe, maybe not, but I couldn't pass them up.... a good find at $1.

It's hard to read, but the intro says...

"We hope The Yoga Deck helps you progress along your path of physical well-being, emotional balance, and spiritual growth."

I don't know about you, but I welcome any help in those departments!
Can you learn to practice yoga from a deck of cards? I don't know, but I'm baby stepping.

I'm off for a little hooky love before the kiddles wake up.

xoxo
Nicky

No comments:

Post a Comment