Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Oswego Country Market

Happy Father's Day

Today was a great day to be with the Dad's in our life... a beautiful Midwest day, warm and sunny. We went out for breakfast... then to the Oswego Country Market for some fresh veggies and some wonderful handmade crafts.

Above is a sign painted on a historical downtown building we walked by on the way to the market. It celebrates Oswego's 175th birthday back in 2008. I just love how colorful it is!

While at the market, I bought some "fresh dug" potatoes from the stand pictured below. I'm going to attempt to make this potato salad recipe that I found on the Crochet With Raymond blog. My potatoes are waaaay down on the very end. They are cutie little new potatoes.
The colors are gorgeous!It was great fun to walk thru the outdoor market with the kids and let them see their food offered from the farmer that grew it.
*****
On to crafting...

CJ is ready to fork over his hard earned $$ for a really cool dog-tag necklace made out of up-cycled pop cans.

www.jewelsbyjazzy.com
very cool.

All in all it was a good day.
Now I just need to find some time to work on the Granny!

xoxo
Nicky

No comments:

Post a Comment